The T’it’q’et Economic Development Authority is searching for the right candidate to fill an important position. Soon we will be opening a food processing facility/distribution hub in Lillooet. We need a person who can assure the effective functioning of the facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for staff and volunteers and their activities.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes.
- Obtain quotes and tenders from area farmers, producers, vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving.
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met.
- Verify payment and invoicing match contract pricing.
- Plan and monitor appropriate facility management staffing levels.
- Ensure efficient utilization of facility staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance, cleaning regimen and product life-cycle requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, or related qualifications such as B.Sci.(Agr.) or similar business studies.
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of human resource management principles and practices.
- Experience working with First Nations communities is an asset.
Skills, Interests and Qualities.
- The ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- The ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of people
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Knowledge of food security issues is preferable.
Deadline for application: August 24, 2016 at 4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Mail your resume and cover letter to:
T’it’q’et Economic Develoment Authority PO Box 1427 Lillooet BC V0K 1V0 or
fax to (250) 256-4544 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.